A Bit of Lime Makes Christmas Shine!

Do you remember a few years ago when red and lime green were the new hot Christmas colors?

Well, you know me; I had to give it a whirl.

I still think they’re pretty cute so I group them together in my blue cabinet in the entry.

IMG_4450

I don’t have a lot, so every year I put them here.  Although I mix it up just a bit.  I always change the top décor.

This year I used my large birdhouses and small red churches. I also grouped a couple of tree stitcheries.

IMG_4450

IMG_4451

red & white and lime ornaments hang from the faux garland.

IMG_4448

IMG_4458

 IMG_4445

I love this jolly Santa and my cute little sitting elves.

IMG_4454IMG_4463

IMG_4465

IMG_4449

IMG_4457

There was even a line of fabric sporting the color combo.

Yes, I made a quilt.

IMG_4455

The woman who quilted it for me did cute snowflakes and ornaments.

IMG_4456

IMG_4460

Even though these colors are definitely not traditional, they’re kind of fun.

One thing is for sure.  They’ll be hanging around my house for a while.

Hope they make you smile!

Jann

I will be linking this post with:

2805 for Potpourri Friday

The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

18 comments

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

I like the combo! It's vibrant. Reminds me of a Dr. Seuss Whoville somehow. In a really good way! I love that blue cabinet!

andrea@townandprairie said...

LOVE lime at Christmas! I have lime ribbon garland on my tree. It is the freshest green! Merry Chrsitmas, Jann, and what a cutie of a cab!

Unknown said...

Beautiful colors!

Kris said...

Love your Christmas decor. Love the lime green addition!!! But most of all, I LOVE that quilt!!!!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I went shopping today and I had lime green branches in my hand...I didn't buy them...but they sure would be perfect with your collection!

Anonymous said...

LoVe Love LOVE that blue cabinet!!! and your little Christmas tree sampler and JOY blocks are wonderful ♥ Happy Holidays, Kelsey

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

I'm agreeably a lime girl! Any shade of green is vital to my spirit. Your post was so pleasing!

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Jann,

What a nice cabinet for display!
I like the lime green it is so fresh! And a great contrast to your other collectibles!
Your Quilt is beautiful love the Christmas motif in the quilting...
Have a great day!
All the Best,
Christine

CraveCute said...

Beautiful decor and staging of your items! Love the touch of green in there, very fresh! Linked with Potpourri Party #14!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Your mantle is darling and I am a huge fan of the red and green. Even though I am a shabby white girl I have a few of the lime green and pink decorations.

Congratulations on your win!!

Carol

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Adorable mantel and your home looks so pretty and festive, I'm loving red and green and yes, my decor y red and green except for this Martha's inspiration aqua table, I've never done anything for Xmas like this....after this, everything will be red and green again! Thanks for your lovely visit and for the following, it makes me sing. I've always been your follower. Have a super weekend. FABBY

The Egg said...

wow, you did an AWESOME job! looks like we are just around the corner from each other. i'm in jackson hole!

camp and cottage living said...

Jann
I love it! It's very cheery and happy.
Isn't that how we feel at this time of year?
You've done it up grand!

sabri said...

i always enjoy your posts..

Vicki/Jake said...

Love this combo! Gotta be non traditional sometimes:)

The Charm of Home said...

So cute! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Linda said...

lovely quilt. visit my other blog and see my quilts. lavenderridge.blogspot.com

Honey at 2805 said...

How cute! Thank you for linking this wonderful project to Potpourri Friday!

Instagram