Time in a Bottle. . .

Polohouse is featuring vignettes for her “Favorites on the First” linky party.  Creating vignettes is one of my favorite things to do.  I thought I would share one that I created for Spring “Time.”

Last post I introduced the theme I am running with until I decorate for Easter. . . “TIME for Spring”

As I thought about my love for “Spring” the saying “Time in a Bottle” kept running through my mind.  Springtime just makes me happy!  Wouldn’t it be nice if we could capture time and enjoy Spring whenever we felt down?

IMG_5537

I bought these metal clock pieces at Hobby Lobby and attached them to a dowel.  Placed  in my two turquoise bottles filled with rice they add a bit of time simplicity.

I wanted to go with mostly neutrals on my table, keeping with a Nature and Time theme.

IMG_5508

The fabric in my quilt, table topper is called “French General”.  I love the colors and prints

IMG_5539

A peek through the branches at my birds nest.

IMG_5519

IMG_5512

A pop of color.

IMG_5513

IMG_5514

IMG_5508 

This bird plate is doing double duty.  Not only is it looking cute, but it holds my nest coasters.

IMG_5511

IMG_5517

This clock reminds me to enjoy the journey while waiting for Spring!

IMG_5518

Look at what I found lying on the ground when I went out to cut branches.  I promise, no birds were harmed in the gathering of this nest. lol!  I am anxious for the birds to return.  My friend, Joyce game me the clock ornament after I told her of my “Time for Spring” theme.  She’s a sweetie!

IMG_5536

I made paper birds and bird houses last year.  I thought that I would hang them from the branches.  Too much going on, so I stuck just a few hanging down from the light.

IMG_5521

Although we can’t capture time in a bottle,

IMG_5538

Lets. . .

IMG_5528

Hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with:

Cozy Home Scenes for Cozy Home Party

Very Merry Vintage Style for Share the Love Wednesday

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday

Faded Charm for White Wednesday

House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday

The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday

Polohouse for Favorites on the First

24 comments

Diann said...

Everything looks really nice Jann! I am in love with that red quilted table square!

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Very pretty! Love your idea of time in a bottle!

Kris said...

Now I shall have Jim Croce's song, Time In A Bottle going through my head!!! Ahhhh, I loved his music!!
Pretty tables with your spring decor coming out. I will wait til March 01 to do that.
Did you do the machine meandering on your pretty red quilt?
XO Kris

LindyLouMac said...

I really like your red and white quilt.

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Jann!

Love all the little birdie stuff. I have real little nests too... and I love your bird china pieces.

I am also gearing up for Easter/Spring, but I can't remember where I put all my stuff!!! I may have sent some off to my DD.

I was so glad to hear from you :) Lately my comment box has been pretty empty... I know the last few weeks I have not feel well enough to comment much, maybe that bug is really going around!?

Going to visit a few more of your posts... btw I signed up in your LF. I don't like how it doesn't always list in order :(

xoxo Bunny Jean

camp and cottage living said...

Jann
Your table is so lovely. You know just how to do it up right. I can't pick a favorite, but your clock faced man is sure cute.

Helen and her Daughters said...

I love everything about this, it's absolutely beautiful! The fabrics in the quilt are so lovely!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

WOW! These are gorgeous! I have some sand in bottles ...these would work well in those, too! I love this idea so I'm going to mark this page. I always think I'll come back and do something creative that I see. Sometimes I can't find it later! lol ♥

chateau chic said...

I like your nature tablescape. I think we're all ready for spring!
Mary Alice

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Cute vignette and love the bottles.

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

A tiny message stated in a spectacularly huge way.

I'll take every nest, please, and the adorable "clock faced" ornament! HA

Jill Walker said...

Love it Jann.

Shannon said...

The branches and the little birdhouses...I love them best. Another beautiful setting Jann.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing how to use those clock faces. I had some in my cart at Michael's the other day, but put them back when I didn't know what to do with them.

I love your bird theme and those pretty urns. Thanks for sharing your crafts and tablescape on my party Jann!

Nancy said...

Very cleverly done. You have put together some interesting things. Aren't bird's nests lovely? We have many trees in our yard and I find nests on the ground after strong winds.

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Jann,
Lovely Spring table!
The white china is so pretty, the teapot...love it!
I love the French General quilt!
I have some of that fabric...
Happy Spring!
All the Best,
Christine

retrorevival.biz said...

So many pretties! Looks like you're all set and ready for spring!

~Cindy

Diane Writes said...

Everything is soooo lovable Jann! Your signature quilt, the repurposed bottle and clocks and the nest decor. I love them all

Joanne said...

I love your table setting. You are so creative!
Blessings, Joanne

Susanne said...

I love your tabletopper - that mix of patterns is so pretty. I also noticed the cute bluebird tag.

very merry vintage style said...

Great spring inspiration! Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday--hope you'll be back this week!
Mary

The Tablescaper said...

Great vignette! Wonderful to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Hi Jann!
Love love love it all!
Your time in a bottle
idea is so clever!
Thanks so much for joining the
linky party.
xox
Alison
Thrilled you did!

Sarah said...

Love your spring vignette. The time in a bottle idea is darling.

Instagram