California Dreamin. . .

The week leading up to our California adventure to Napa Valley I found myself dreaming of what was to be.

I dreamed of:  gorgeous flowers.

DSC02597

DSC02594

I dreamed of:  seeing rows and rows of vineyards.  Some surprised me with both grapevines and roses.

DSC02639

Wildflowers Winery exceeded my expectations!  Wildflowers grew the entire length of their vineyard.

DSC02620

I dreamed of:   historical adventures.  This little florist shop was once a bustling place when the road in front of it was the main highway. The freeway changed all of that.  Now abandoned, those days are just a memory.                                         

DSC02574

                                                       (picture of what it looked like back then)

DSC02572

I dreamed of:  taking a train ride through Napa Valley.

DSC02644

Seeing this gorgeous baggage was an extra bonus!

DSC02651

I dreamed of:  eating delicious food.

DSC02647

I dreamed of:   sleeping in a beautiful bed.

DSC02581

I dreamed of:  finding vintage treasures.  Believe it or not, I dreamed of finding at least one jadite piece to add to my small collection.  BINGO!  And didn’t even dream of finding more red transferware, but how fun is that?  The egg cups match the thrift find plates on my living room shelf.

DSC02654

DSC02655

DSC02658

DSC02657

DSC02659

 

Well, it’s obvious that our visit to Napa Valley has been wonderful and dreams do come true!

However, all good dreams must come to an end.  Today is our last day here and we’ll be heading back home tomorrow.  I’ve loved our adventure but always look forward to getting home to family, and our home and garden!

And as my blog friend, Rose said, “you’ll be seeing some of my found treasures in new vignettes.”  lol!

hugs,

Jann

18 comments

Marie-Interior Frugalista said...

Looks like you had a great California holiday Jann. Excellent finds - adore that little a-frame bird house!
Marie@The Interior Frugalista

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Oh Jann to bad that we couldn't connect up while you were in NO CA.
I am on my way to San Jose to visit my son and granddaughter for a long weekend. Don;t you just love Napa.
Have a safe trip home and you sure got some wonderful treasures.
Mary

Junkchiccottage said...

Jann,
Your Napa trip looks wonderful. Such beautiful pictures. Glad you had such a wonderful time.
Kris

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love Napa Valley and the vineyards! Looks like you had a great time and found some pretty awesome treasures!

Shirley Hatfield said...

George and I once drove through Napa Valley by accident...a very happy accident. We were on our way home from the Redwood Forest and decided to take a detour back to Sacramento...it was lovely. I am so glad you had a wonderful trip.

Susie said...

Jann, I like all your sweet treasures. The picture from way back when is wonderful. So glad you had that fun trip. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful trip there. Thanks so much for sharing it with us also..
Enjoy your weekend.

My thrift store addiction said...

Jann, I should have hid in your suitcase! Those wildflowers, that luggage, Jadeite AND transferware, oh my!!I am glad you had such a fun vacation--well deserved. Hugs, Cecilia

cynthia lee designs said...

Sounds like you had a great trip!!
~Cindy

Linda W. said...

Glad you are having such a great vacation!

Leovi said...

Lovely photos, I really like these gorgeous flowers!

Lulu said...

It looks as though your dreams came true. Exploring Napa is dreamy!

GranthamLynn said...

Oh what a beautiful tour. Thanks for taking us with you. I am glad your dreams came true and you got some vintage to bring home!
Thanks for sharing. And thanks for visiting me too.
Have a wonderful week,
Sherry

Rose L said...

So happy to know you had a wonderfully fun trip. I love the flower shop building! Too bad it isn't portable or "someone" would take it home and have fun decorating it! Yep, vignettes coming soon!!! LOL

Debra Howard said...

What an awesome trip! Maybe someday I can see it...thanks for sharing!

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

I'm FINALLY stopping by for a visit Jane! I've seen you throughout blogland and figured it was high time to introduce myself and poke around your lovely blog for a bit!

I adore Napa! It's been over 12 years since we've been, but till this day I would not hesitate to say that I enjoyed some of the best meals of my life while there. That's saying something since I grew up just a few miles away from Manhattan and have an aversion to cooking on the weekends ;).

I belong to a photography meet up group and the other day got a notice that one of their meet ups will be at a farm that is nothing but sunflowers. Acres and acres of them! OMG! They're one of my favorites, but alas, the meeting is at 9 a.m. and I'm an hour away. One thing I'm not is an early riser!

I also bought a couple of sunflower plants about a month ago but they're not doing well at all. Lots of holes in the leaves :(. Yours are lovely Jane!

Anywho...it's nice to meet you and I'll be back :)


Tea in the Library said...

What a lovely trip! Thank you for sharing!

Victoria Lavender said...

So much fun and new memories made! Not a bad score either! hugs, Vicki

Instagram